Office.com/setup- Download, Install and Activate Microsoft office:
Why should I have Microsoft office on my computer?
Office 365 cannot be defined as a mere word processor and/or an email application. Office helps businesses in enhancing their productivity. We all know how important it has become inside organizations to increase productivity. Office 365 is the product that is making this task easy. Microsoft office is a complete package of software designed as a one for all usage product/service. Office setup is a complete solution in computer utility. Microsoft 365 allows users to access PowerPoint, One Drive, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, Yammer, and Microsoft Teamson one-go. This helps you to create, collaborate, communicate, and get the results you want. Regardless of whether a businessman/business owner is using it or a student, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and several other Microsoft Office products, if not all, are indispensable.
Benefits of Microsoft office:
Benefits in Business:
You always need a better communicator in the office. This happens especially when you have multiple teams working together on the same project. Furthermore, you need to document/make written notes and documents and make office presentations including many other things. This is when you need Office for Business.
Microsoft office 365 is an efficient and comprehensive tool powered by Office 365. It works on Windows 10. These products allow you to build your team and make their work more efficient and powerful. This simultaneously safeguards your business and keeps your management up to date. It further assists and boosts an increase in your profits and boosts up productivity through its applications. These applications are expansive and are loaded with the latest Artificial Intelligence instruments and cloud storage.
So, All in All, Office comprises of and possesses great, highly-engineered features that provide user guidance and assistance at every step of the way.
Benefits for Home:
You may have noticed at times that your computer is asking for you to set up a network. And the options that it provides are “For Work”, “Home” and/or “Other networks.”This is because Office helps to cater to your custom needs and requirements. You can obtain Office for business, Office for home, and other office products at Office.com/Setup
You can install Office in up to six Personal Computers in your home. A user can make use of it on various Personal Computers/Macintosh, Tablets, Smartphones, and on different platforms like Android, Windows, and IOS.
The Premium version can be used only on PCs. This includes MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, and MS Publisher.
Additionally to this, you shall receive as much as 1TB of cloud storage on OneDrive/. This comes with high security. A user can also share his/her documents with users of their choice.
Benefits in Education:
If you are a teacher or a student and want to use MS OFFICE for your assistance, you can get it for free. Just like Office for Home, we also have Office for Students/Education. In this package, you will get MS OneNote, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Teams. You also get additional classroom tools but for those, but you must have a valid school email ID. You can get help from local experts who will help you with the installation process and with fixing bugs.
Installation Process and steps for setting up your MS Office:
Microsoft Office comes with an online free version and also has a 30 Day trial plan as well. Users can make use of applications such as Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, and use their browser. In order to use Office Apps for free on your tablets and Smartphone devices, you can download them. Microsoft Office also has free access to Students and teachers.
How to Setup Office from office.com/setup?
- Click to open the website office.com/setup or type in your browser search bar www.office.com/setup
- Enter your email and password which will enable you to sign in to your Microsoft Office account.
- If in case you are a new user, then you have to ‘create an account.’
- After this, enter your 25 character Product key. This code is displayed on the office activation card.
- Download ‘Setup.’
- Run the File.
- After this, The office setup should be ready.
A Stepwise guide for the process of installing Microsoft Office setup:
This has been further classified into two categories. One for when the product key is available, and another one for when it is not available.
When you have the product key:
- Go to office.com/setup for Office Setup.
Open your browser, visit www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup and once there, choose the Office product that you wish to install on your computer.
- Log In to your Microsoft Office Account.
Sign In to your account at www.office.com/setup to complete the purchase and setup Office. If you, however, do not have a Microsoft Account, you’ll have to create one.
- Locate your Product Key.
You may find your Product key pertaining to your Microsoft Office in your email which is linked to the purchase of the office product or you may find it on the box if you have made the purchase from a retail store.
- Enter your Microsoft Office Product Key.
Once your account is logged into or you have created a new one, you will enter the Product key inside the orange area. After this, you have to select your language and your country.
- Download and Install Office.
After entering the related and correct information, you can start downloading the software. After this, you have to simply follow the on-screen instructions and this will start the process of downloading. Once the downloading is complete, you will have your registered copy of Microsoft Office.
- Run the Activation wizard.
After you have run the office installer, what you need to do next is that you have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You need to wait for the office setup to go through the complete installation process.
- Open and Run office Applications.
Once you see that the installation procedure is complete, you can open any office app. This will generate a welcome screen with a display message “You’re All Set.” This means that your office is activated.
When the product key is not available:
A situation may however arise when you may not have an Office setup product key. You may have lost it. However, don’t fret. For it is still possible for you to download the product of your choice on your computer. Follow the below-mentioned steps and they shall guide you throughout the entire procedure:
- Open your web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. and from there, visit the official web page of MS office. Alternatively, you can visit www.office.com/setup.
- However, it will be required of you to have a Microsoft Account in order to be able to download and install MS Office 365.
- You can use the Log in option on your account.
- If in case you do not have a Microsoft account, it is very simple and convenient for you to create one. For this, find the option “Create New Account” and click on it.
- After you are signed in to your Microsoft account, you have to fill a form. This form contains some specific details. These details include your name and your Email id in addition to a little more information of similar nature.
- After all this procedure and following the above-mentioned steps, you have to click on the ‘Install’ option.
- With this, the downloading process of MS Office 365 will be initiated on your device.
Things you should keep in mind before you install MS Office suite:
There are a few System component requirements. These are specifications you need to keep in mind before you start the installation process of Microsoft Office on your device.
Computer and Processor requirements:
- You should have a 1.6 GHz or faster windows Operating system, Core 2.
- Intel Processor or M1 ProcessorMacintosh Operating System.
The memory requirement for a Windows Operating System is 4 GB of RAM / 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
For a Mac Operating system, the requirement is 4 GB.
4 GB hard disk space should be available for a Windows Operating System.
For iMac Operating System, you should have 10 GB of available hard disk space.
For a Windows Operating System, you should have a screen resolution of 1280 x 768.
In case you have a Mac Operating System, a 1280 x 800 screen resolution is required.
In order to run office smoothly on Windows Operating System, Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9 or later. For Windows 10, WDDM 2.0 or later versions are required.
Mac Operating System: No graphics are required for this particular operating system.
You need to have a Windows Operating System: Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019.
Mac Operating System: When a new version releases, the MacOperating System requirement becomes:
One of the three most recent and current versions of the operating system.
A user requires the recent version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
How to activate Microsoft Office Setup:
A user must make sure that his/her Operating System is activated if and when they wish to activate a Microsoft Office pre-installed on their computer. Also bear in mind that throughout the entire Activation Process you are, and remain, connected to the Internet.
Below are mentioned steps that will guide you through the procedure to activate your Office:
- From your Start menu (App menu), start by launching any of the Office Apps.
- In the Account menu of your Office app, when you open it, you shall find the option of “Sign in.”
- Sign in to your Microsoft Account in order to initiate the Activation procedure.
- If in case you do not have a Microsoft Account, then in this case create a new one.
- Sign in with this newly formed account.
- After Signing In, click “Activate Office.”
- Enter your Product key.
- Follow the steps that are shown on-screen.
- After completion of this Process, Office is activated.
Many Operating systems do the task of Activating Office quite effortlessly based on the fact that the two are quite compatible. However, these compatibility issues are also the reason why many operating systems cannot function properly when it comes to the task of supporting MS Office.
So prior to purchasing the product, check and ensure that your Operating system supports that particular Office product. As an instance, With Windows XP, MS Office 365 will not work due to incompatibility. Connect your email id with the MS Office product for the purpose of activating it.
Step-Wise activation of MS Office Suite:
Here is the pointwise Activation procedure summarized for users:
- Open the browser of your computer
- Go to office.com/setup.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- In case you don’t have an account, create one.
- You can do point no.4 by clicking on “Create a new account.”
- Enter your Office setup product key after logging in.
- Click “Next.”
- Click on the setup of Microsoft Office after the downloading procedure is complete.
- Once the setup is finished, you can start using Microsoft Office apps.
What if I want to uninstall MS OFFICE SETUP?
If you wish to remove and/or uninstall Microsoft office 365 on any of your devices, you can do it very easily without deactivating your license or losing it.
Later on, you can download and install the application from the same account you installed it earlier from.
Here are the steps to be followed for uninstalling a program:
- Log in to your computer.
- Go to the control panel.
- Go to Add/Remove programs.
- You will see a list of all the programs installed on your system.
- Click on the Office program after locating it.
- After clicking, you will find the options of ‘Uninstall’ and ‘Repair.’
- Click on ‘Uninstall.’
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your computer on the system prompt.
The program is successfully uninstalled.
You can install it again anytime at www.office.com/setup.
Note: A user must ensure that no other application installation or uninstallation process is going on before you try to install or uninstall any new application. Furthermore, it is highly recommended to create a backup of your files in case you lose them.